a bench with a view

a bench with a view

Thursday, March 24, 2016

Allelulia!!!

A quick update (and please don't feel you have to comment).

We are closing Friday. Bank wouldn't go with our plan of signing papers in two different locations.  So closing wasn't possible for today.

When I talked to the title agent yesterday and when she asked when both hubby and me were going to be in the same place together, I said here in Prescott Friday, which is when we could sign the papers together. She said we would then be closing on Monday and we couldn't move in obviously until the closing date. Learned that you can take a house prepossession, but then the current home owners have to cover the house with their homeowner's insurance and most don't want to do that, etc., etc., etc., so that was not an option for us to move in earlier than closing date.

Sorry, side tracked a bit. 

I was trying to figure out if we signed the papers Friday why would it be until Monday that we would close because if we signed the papers yesterday (Wednesday) we would close Wednesday. Then it dawned on me (wisdom from God from lots of prayers said). She needed the papers back to file whatever she had to file and she was ASSUMING we would send them overnight, which she wouldn't be able to do anything with until Monday when "business" opened again. 

So I asked our realtor who asked the title agent if hubby drove the papers back down to Phoenix on Friday after we signed them, could we close on Friday and she said YES as long as he got them there to her noon-ish which is very doable because I then called my favorite banker and she assured me that not only is she working on Friday, but three other notaries are working on Friday so notarizing will not be a problem.

Our plan on Friday, 9 a.m. at the bank when they open (honestly we will be there at least 5  minutes early). We will take care of the signing, she'll notarize, hubby will drop me back home, which is on the way to the road he has to travel on to Phoenix, and he'll then continue on to Phoenix. Should be there around 11 to 11:30 if we guessed timing right. 

He'll hand in the papers and he'll get the keys. He'll take the shuttle that runs between the airport with stops along the way (A/Z Shuttle for those in Arizona) back up to Prescott because he wants to drive my van down to Phoenix on Saturday when the movers come. My van is "iffy" and he doesn't want me driving it  long distances. He'll leave his car in the garage of our new house.  We'll haul his (yes) 11 guitars (I thought he had 12 at one time, must have gotten rid of one when I wasn't looking) because doesn't trust them to the movers, which I don't blame him. 

So movers come Saturday 8 a.m., load up the truck, drive down to Phoenix, unpack the truck. They hope to be done by 4-ish. 

Thank you for those who prayed, those who thought positive thoughts, those who crossed their fingers, all of you cared and it showed in your comments and I truly thank you for it.

When I got the text back from the realtor that yes if the papers were there by noon we could close that same day I cried (remember I always cry at anything and everything). Once again God did not let me down and he was faithful.

Thank you Lord.

(okay, last post until A/Z challenge) 

39 comments:

Sally said...

Hope it all goes well. Good luck in your new home.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

That is such good news ! So glad you can move as planned. What a wonderful Easter you'll be having just being in your new home !

Ann Bennett said...

Lovely that it is all coming together and everything is going as previously planned. I would say enjoy the move; but an enjoyable move is an oxymoron. I hope the move goes smoothly. Movers help so much. Sending good vibes you and your hubby's way.

Chatty Crone said...

Great news - I am sure it will be a relief when is gets over next week!

Veronica Lee said...

I am so happy for you, Betty! Praying that the move goes smoothly.

Bijoux said...

That is good news, though complicated! Glad you are able to 'move on!'

I can't figure out what's wrong with my blog. I could easily post a comment on my previous posts, but I'm having the same problem as you where it's buffering forever on the most recent. I took the post down and will try publishing again today. Sorry for the issue and thanks for letting me know!

Intense Guy said...

Hal-e-lou-ya! indeed!

Happy Easter!!!

Birgit said...

Oh my that will be a very busy travelling day...or 2 but at least it will be done. I am surprised the banks are open on Good Friday. Everything is closed here on Friday and Sunday and the Banks, post office etc... is closed Monday too. Good luck with the move!

Plowing Through Life (Martha) said...

Wonderful news, Betty! I am so happy for you. And I hope that the move goes very smoothly. Now you can exhale :)

shortybear said...

very happy for you.

Mevely317 said...

YAY!!! God is Good!
(I could've sworn I commented from my phone at o'dark-thirty, but probably forgot to hit the publish button.)

Pat Hatt said...

Good news indeed. Lucky as nothing is open up here on Friday. Wouldn't trust the guitars to the movers either.

Jerralea said...

Glad all worked out as you hoped for! A very happy Easter to you! (Although you will be incredibly busy!)

May you get in some grandchild snuggles!

(Ok, I've used up my quota of exclamation marks for today...)

Megan Whitson Lee said...

Yay! It's great news. Closing a and moves are always so exciting. I can't wait til we get to do that! Happy Easter!

Blue Grumpster said...

I'm happy for you :)

yaya said...

Congrats and good luck with moving..it's always a challenge but you'll be a happy camper when it's all done!

Liz A. said...

So glad it's going to work out. That was a nail biter. I'll be sending good thoughts your way tomorrow to make sure everything goes smoothly.

DMS said...

Yeah!!! SO happy for you guys. :) I was hoping things would work out and they will. It will probably be tiring, but it will be worth it all in the end. Wishing you the best of luck. See you at the start of A-Z.
~Jess

baili said...

hope everything goes nice and smooth dear ,glad that you are shifting to your fav place ,may God make it best choice for you dear

Wendy said...

Things have a way of working out. I look forward to hearing more about the move and seeing pictures of the new house. (Are there quails in Phoenix?)

Saleslady371 said...

Praise de Lord!!!!! So happy for you, Betty. Yes, lets give God the glory; He is faithful. I know you are going to have a great Easter weekend. (I love the AZ Shuttle; use it when I fly out to San Diego to see the kids sometimes.)

Paula Kaye said...

YAY!!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

WOW!!! Glad that it all got worked out. Have a safe trip and God Bless.....

Chrys Fey said...

Good news at last. YAY!!!!! I am so happy for you.

Liuba said...

I am very glad! Wishing you a very Blessed Easter, Liuba x

TARYTERRE said...

BUSY> BUSY> WEEKEND. Glad it worked out. Happy Easter.

Kathryn McKendry said...

Hope everything went well! See you for the A-Z!

Linda said...

Just getting caught up on your news, seems too many people I know are being challenged lately, but glad it seems to have worked out. Hope you have a blessed Easter!

Lux G. said...

Happy Easter and good luck to your plans! :)

Mildred said...

Hello, It is nice to "catch up" with you again after many months away from blogging. We have moved many times and I know the stress of having everything come together. So thankful that your prayers were answered and I wish you much happiness.

baili said...

hope you are enjoying your new accommodation dear ,have a wonderful peaceful living each moment

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

Moving is such work. You probably won't sit down until April 1st for a to z. Will we see pictures?

Sharon said...

What an odyssey! So glad that it sounds like everything's going to work out OK, though! Looking forward to your A-Z challenge.

Might "A" end up being ALL DONE?!

GOD BLESS!

Guilie Castillo said...

Awesome, Bish! Congratulations! I'm dropping by from the A2Z blog to say congrats on minioning with J.L.'s team this April, and it looks like you've plenty more reasons to celebrate :) Good for you! I'll be checking back to see how your move-in goes. Enjoy the new place!
Guilie @ Life In Dogs

Bish Denham said...

Good news! I guess you'll be extra busy moving and doing the Challenge! Way to go.

Elizabeth said...

It's amazing how God works everything out :) I hope you are getting all settled in, and I'll see you April 1!

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

Congratulations!
Thank you for stopping by and good luck with the A-Z Challenge.
Smiles.

Michelle Wallace said...

Good news!
Enjoy your new home!
Writer In Transit

salemslot9 said...

hi Betty
my John has
11 guitars here
plus one more
someone borrowed