a bench with a view

a bench with a view

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

nine


He turned nine this past Sunday.  He came from a litter of nine. I wonder how many of his siblings are still alive and where they are at.

He was picked out of all the corgi puppies on the Internet.  How he was picked was truly ordained by God because there were so many other ones out there, but yet he knew this one was the one.

He is smart, honestly smarter than me in some respects.

He communicates his needs.

He survived cancer and chemotherapy and by the grace of God is in remission longer than the vet said he might be.

He makes us laugh.

He hogs the bed.

He begs for (and gets) food.

He doesn't like cats.

He doesn't like garbage trucks.

He doesn't like motorcycles.

He loves food.

He is our corgi.

He's part of our family.

An integral part.

He's slowing down.

The cancer and chemo took a toil on him.

The diabetes was a side effect, we've faithfully been shooting him with insulin for over 2-1/2 years.

When it is time, it will be the hardest decision we've ever made, but we won't keep him alive just for us. 

He could very well by the very last dog we have.

I can't imagine not having him be part of our lives these past nine years.

He helped us find churches.

He was my blogging buddy for so many blogs.

He is my prayer partner.

He is Koda.

That corgi, our corgi.

He is loved so very much.

Happy belated birthday Koda.

23 comments:

Shelly said...

Happy birthday to Koda! Truly, he is part of God's plans. I know you all will have a great celebration with him!

Bijoux said...

He is adorable! What a fantastic companion he's been for you, Bettty. I saw a corgi last week and thought of you.

Pat Hatt said...

Happy Birthday to the pup, seems he has been through much. Doesn`t like cats though, oh the shame lol

Joanne Noragon said...

Happy birthday, Koda. If they never grew old....

jack69 said...

I used to brag about having a Corgi as a blogging buddy. We are fortunate to have one as a neighbor here in the park. This is a first. I told him I knew his cousin in California.
A blessing in life, is to have the perfect dog as a dear friend. I still remember my last dog with love.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY KODA!

Dana said...

Happy birthday to sweet Koda!

Linda said...

Thank God for dogs (and cats, sorry Koda) and the furry, unconditional love they bring.

Danielle L Zecher said...

Happy Birthday Koda!!! I hope you have many, many more.

Intense Guy said...

Happy Birthday Koda!! Hope you got lots of Cheese treats!! :)

...hope you have many more happy birthdays!

Robyn :) said...

happy birthday, Koda!!!!

JosephAlsarraf said...

Happy Birthday Koda! I am glad he is doing well. He looks well in his picture! : )

TARYTERRE said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KODA! And may you have many more.

Chatty Crone said...

That made me cry because we feel the same exact way for Disco.

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY KODA!

Gee we feel God picked Disco for us and isn't God great at it?

Love, sandie

Kat said...

Aww. So touching. They really do become members of the family, don't they? Dogs are so amazing. Better than some people. Definitely more loving and accepting.

Happy Birthday to your precious corgi. :)

Kat said...

Speaking of God picking out animals for you, I completely agree with that. Shortly after my father died my mom's dog also died. That dog went to the nursing home with my mom everyday. The dog comforted my mom and went everywhere with her. It was a big loss.
My mom has ALWAYS been a huge animal fan and has always had at least one or two dogs in her home so she knew she would need another dog as soon as possible. She prayed and prayed for God to send her "a new little buddy".
One day she before she even realized what she was doing she drove to the humane society and saw a woman bringing a young cocker spaniel dog in. The woman was crying and my mom overheard her say that she has had surgery and can not keep up with the one year old dog and give him the walks and attention that he needs. My mom immediately told the woman that she would be happy to take the dog for her and asked what the dog's name was. "Buddy" the woman replied. My mom KNEW God had sent her a new little Buddy. :)

rmslil said...

Happt Birthday, Koda1 I have enjoyed reading about you through the years.

SweetMarie said...

Happy happy Birthday to Koda!!! He's so adorable! Please give a big hug for me. :)

River said...

Happy Birthday Koda.
I once said I would never have another pet, but now I'm planning on a kitten next year.

Deanna said...

Happy Birthday to Koda. What a blessing he has been to you. Our Whiskey came into our life when I was recovering from the effects of chemo from my breast cancer. That made him 10 years old in May. What a blessing our pets can be.

Mevely317 said...

Happy belated birthday, Koda .... you're loved oh, so very much!

I feel God has a special purpose for you and is right there with your humans, comforting and strengthening your little body.

Hugs!

The Brown Recluse said...

Happy Belated Birthday, Alabama Boy! You are well loved!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Happy Birthday Koda....he is perfect and I'm so thankful for the remission. Man's best friend!
Debby

salemslot9 said...

happy b-day 2 u
happy b-day 2 u
happy 9th b-day dear Koda
remember a cat saved u too ;)