a bench with a view

a bench with a view

Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Christmas, San Diego style


I thought this was one of the cutest displays we drove by this Christmas season.  (Just in case you can't make out the pictures, Santa is delivering toys via dolphins, LOL, not reindeers). 

I guess it is appropriate seeing how we are about 6 miles from the ocean.

Few years ago we ran across a snowman made out of tumbleweeds (I had a picture of it on my other blog, "A Corgi in Southern California."  Anyone remember me posting it? I'm too lazy to look for it to post it here.

We celebrate Christmas a bit differently here me thinks :)

Its funny, people have signs in their front yard "Let it Snow" and I have to laugh. The chances of it snowing here are slim to none, but it is the season I guess.

I do remember it snowing one time in December here in 1968. Didn't stick around long, but I remember white flakes and how cold it was.

Koda and me want to take this opportunity to wish you Merry Christmas and the most happiest of new years.

I'm leaving you with my most favorite of Christmas songs.


It is from Darlene Zschech; called Hallelujah.  Below are the lyrics. 

He is here
The Savior has been born
The one we've waited for
Surrounded by our praises

He is here
The promise of the king
To You our lives we bring
Let your glory be revealed

Joy to the World
Peace to all who love Him
The savior has been born
And all of heaven smiles

Glory to God
Bring an offering to You
Join with all the angels
Singing Hallelujah


Beautiful song and so true. Our Savior was born, our hope, our King, our everything.

I'm thankful he was born in a lowly stable all those years ago.  Without him, we truly have no hope.  Without him I am nothing.

With him I am everything.

Thank you Jesus!

24 comments:

Carol Noren Johnson said...

One year on the San Francisco peninsula it snowed over thirty years ago. I remember I was teaching fifth grade and we let the students play outside for the few minutes of school before the snow would melt.

When my students came in, I assigned an essay about the snow, due in 30 minutes. One precocious student said at the end of that time, "Miss Noren, you did not specify what kind of essay, and mine is a musical essay that I have to turn in late." I remember that brief California snow and his excuse some thirty years later.

River said...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you too. We don't get snow here either, except just a couple of spots, Tasmania for instance, but not the whole state/island, mostly high in the mountains.

Michelle said...

Merry Christmas!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

It's only 20 degrees here this morning and we do have a chance for snow but right now none is on the ground. Lots of folks are hoping for a white Christmas. Me, I am happy the roads are dry and clear for all those traveling for Christmas. I'm sending best wishes to you and yours for a very Merry Christmas !

Linda said...

Will have a beautiful white Christmas celebrating our Savior's birth.

I printed out the dolphins to show my daughter. They got married in front of dolphins, marriage ceremonies also a bit different more recently.

(mom-minimal fracture)

Merry CHRISTmas

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Amen!
Dolphins - that's hilarious.
Merry Christmas!

Kat said...

I love Santa on his surf board with the dolphins. That is adorable!

Merry and Blessed Christmas to you and your family!

Bijoux said...

We almost always have a white Christmas, but I like to tell my family that I wouldn't mind decorating a cactus instead. Give me some sunshine!

I hope you are surrounded by the love of our Saviour tonight, tomorrow, and everyday of the new year. Hugs to you, my friend.

Dana said...

I hope we all remember the true meaning of this glorious season. Merry Christmas to you and yours, friend!

Intense Guy said...

I think I'd rather see dolphin than reindeer!!

Merry Christmas!! Hope the new year is a good one!

jack69 said...

We too can laugh at the signs here in the yards in Florida, "LET IT SNOW". (smile)
Love the picture and remember the smile at the tumble weed 'snow man'.
Thanks for including the words. I cn sorta make out the music but not words.
MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU, KODA, SON AND HUBBY!
From Sherry & Jack here in Florida...

TARYTERRE said...

LOVE it. MERRY CHRISTMAS!

SweetMarie said...

The dolphins are pretty! That would be appropriate here as well. We've been in the 80's until today, finally a cool front. :)
Merry Christmas to you and yours!
hugs,
Marie

Pat Hatt said...

haha dolphins may get the toys a little wet though. And I can ship some snow if they want it bad enough. Merry Christmas

Sharon said...

Betty, I've got to admit, one of the things that I like about living in the mountains is the weather. Even in California, we get cold weather and snow. (And we're only 2 hours from the ocean - best of both worlds!!)

Wishing you and your family the very best CHRISTmas! May you have lots of fun, fellowship, and FOOD!

I'm so thankful for our friendship, and I look forward to continuing our faith journeys in 2014!

GOD BLESS!

(Marty sends his very best to Koda. He says that it won't be Christmas unless both of them get some string cheese...)

Chatty Crone said...

Just think the angels were getting ready - the wise men and the stars aligning and Mary ready to give birth to our Savior. It is such an exciting time. Merry Christmas to you too. sandie

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Love the picture! Merry Christmas, have a blessed day. Thank you for the beautiful song. God Bless.
Love, Debby

Juli said...

Yeah, the Florida decoration scene was a wee bit different than what we have up here in New England. Love the wave he's riding in on...

Karen said...

The dolphins make me smile. :-)

JosephAlsarraf said...

LOL, I like the dolphins!

And I thought Houston didn't get that much snow... We've gotten at least an inch. There was enough snow to build a snowman! I have pictures of it on my blog under December 2010.

Great Song! A great way to celebrate the true meaning of Christmas! : )

Mevely317 said...

I love, LOVE this song, Betty! I'd never heard of Ms. Zschech, but she's blessed with the voice of an angel!
Hope your Christmas was most blessed, and you're awaiting 2014 with lots of joy!

Deanna said...

A belated Merry Christmas to you, Betty, and a wish for you and your family to have a blessed new year!

Hollie said...

Wishing you a Happy and Blessed New Year!!

Marianne said...

Love that display! And totally wish I was somewhere warm right about now. We're stuck under 2 feet of snow and the kids are off school tomorrow. AAAAAAH.