a bench with a view

a bench with a view

Monday, November 25, 2013

grateful

I got to admit; its been a tough year.  Not as tough as some years, but still a tough year.  Some events of this year really got to me, maybe more so than other events in previous years.  Really affected me.  I may have had a mini nervous breakdown over the summer; let's just say perhaps during that time I was a bit "fragile", cried easily, wore my heart on my sleeve, functioned, but barely.

I'm on the other side of some tough events of this year. I see the light at the end of the tunnel. I see change.  I see improvement.  I see hope. 

I see God's work and intervention.  I see answer to prayer, even though the answer was not what I might have wanted in some cases, but so welcomed in other areas. 

I see God's faithfulness. His promise of never leaving, nor forsaking.  His promise that his word is true and is to be trusted. 

I see a new awakening in me.  Getting out again, wanting to serve, wanting to be part of a community, wanting to move on.

Its a good thing.

And for that I am grateful Lord.

It is a season of thanks.

I could list pages of thankfulnesses, but ultimately it would all boil down to this.

Thank you Jesus for you and thank you for answered prayers.

It always has to be for your glory, you know that Lord.

So I thank you.

And I trust you.

And I know you won't let me down. Never have, never will.

Great is your faithfulness.

Great is your love.

Great are you, Lord.

(Happy Thanksgiving from Koda and me :)

25 comments:

salemslot9 said...

I understand
mini nervous breakdown
and
fragile
and
thank you, Father
happy thanksgiving
Betty & Koda
from me & kitties

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Happy Thanksgiving! There is always so much to be thankful for.

Intense Guy said...

You had a hard year. You found you had more strength inside you than you imagine you had.

I hope next year allows you to relax - these "character-building lessons" are difficult.

You did very well.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours - and some cheese for Koda!

Bijoux said...

I think The Lord will welcome you with the words, "my good and faithful servant"

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.

jack69 said...

How SWEET is that? A wonderful heartfelt Thankyou to the Lord, that becomes a Great Thanksgiving Blog entry.
Wow that Koda is something!!! (smile)
Love to you young lady, yep He is good!!!!

Dana said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

As the years go by, I realize more and more how blessed I am. ☺

Pat Hatt said...

Some years do seem to be worse all around, but we have to try and be thankful indeed. Glad you are seeing the other side of it now.

Jeanie said...

I am so glad things are looking a bit better for you. You have such strength and faith, even when things seem bleak. I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Juli said...

And happy Thanksgiving to you as well!

Linda said...

After the storm, a rainbow. Patience was a good word for this year. Change and improvement may come slowly, but there is always hope.I know you'll have a delicious Thanksgiving. To God the glory!

Sharon said...

Oh Betty. How encouraging this is to me. I know what it's like to be *in the depths* - and it's not a good place to be. But, praise His name, He is beginning to shine His Light in your heart again. I am eager to see the wonderful things He does in your life in the coming weeks and months.

A very Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours - and me and Marty send our biggest hugs to Koda!

GOD BLESS!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I love your thankfulness through all the hard times. Beautiful post. I am thankful in all things but some days are just so hard and this year has broken me. Praying you continue to always be thankful and that next year will be full of blessings!
Debby

TARYTERRE said...

It's been a tough year for us too. But we're still not on the other side of it. I'm glad you are. It gives me hope.

Kat said...

Wonderful post! So much to be thankful post. I had to do another thankful post today as well. I may have a bench pic or two in there as well. ;)

Hope you have a very Happy Thanksgiving!

Mevely317 said...

Beautifully put, my friend. When I find it difficult to give thanks, your words give me hope!

May your Thanksgiving be wonderfully blessed!

Myra

Shelly said...

So beautifully said, my friend. Happy, happy Thanksgiving!

SweetMarie said...

I've had a trying year as well with health issues, but I'm blessed and thank him everyday.
Happy Thanksgiving!!!
hugs!

JosephAlsarraf said...

I'm sorry that you had a terrible year, but I am glad that you were able to pull yourself together and not lose your faith.

I hope you and Koda have a Happy Thanksgiving! : )

Secret Agent Woman said...

A light at the end of the tunnel is always hopeful!

Verna Lantz said...

God is great, all the time. In the good and bad, in the beauty and the shadows. Happy Thanksgiving to y'all!

Chatty Crone said...

Great is his faithfulness and He does give us his Grace. I liked your post today. And I am glad you have always kept your faith.

I do have to tell you that my son called Monday when he got home and apologized....

Happy Thanksgiving.

Living Life said...

My sentiments exactly! Very well said ~ THANKS BE TO GOD!

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving Betty!

Hollie said...

Praying for you my friend!! SO glad the storm is almost over & the sun is beginning to shine again!! Happy Thanksgiving!!

Carol Noren Johnson said...

"Your testimonies I have taken as a heritage forever,
For they are the rejoicing of my heart.
I have inclined my heart to perform Your statues
Forever, to the end.
Psalm 119:111-112

New to your blog. Love your writing here and said a prayer just now about your hard year

Carol

The Brown Recluse said...

I think God allows "hard years" for a purpose...but that doesn't it make it one bit easier to walk that path. I'm sorry your summer was so tough. If I had been there, I would have just held your and and cried with you.

I love your faith, Betty. I do.