a bench with a view

a bench with a view

Friday, October 25, 2013

a friday funny

Our garage is attached to the house, but you have to go outside to go into the garage (make sense?)

Our garage has been known to harbor critters I don't necessarily want to see (mice) so when I go into the garage, I go in with tunnel vision, with only the task at hand that I want to accomplish.  Throw a load of laundry in, take it out of the dryer, put things in the recycle bins, that sort of thing.  I don't look around because I don't want to see anything that is going to make me shriek and scare me half to death.

So about a week ago I threw a load of laundry in and hubby later threw it into the dryer.  He asked me a bit later "how was your friend in the garage?"

I'm like "what?"

He said "you're friend."

I said "I saw nothing" and explained my tunnel vision to him.

He then proceeded to tell me in our utility sink, in which the washer drains into, was a lizard with soap on it.  It obviously had been in there while the load was being washed. 

He got a pair of gloves on and picked it up and took it outside, put it by some bushes and it scampered away.  I was surprised it had the stamina to do so.

What really surprised me of its tenacity to live was a few days later I was out in the garage waiting for a load to finish and I saw the water being drained out of the washer and it came up about 2/3 of the sink.  How the lizard managed to stay alive when he was in the sink with all that water, I'm not 100% sure.

I still go into the garage with tunnel vision.

I do hope the lizard learned his lesson and doesn't get into the sink again.

18 comments:

Sharon said...

Do not get me started on critters!! We have had to chase a lizard and a chipmunk out of our house. Not to mention a plethora of stink bugs!

I am glad that our laundry is inside the house, though. It's especially nice on those freezing cold winter days!

Good luck with the pests...

xo

Bijoux said...

I'm the same way with our basement. We have an awful mice problem here, so I just run down to the freezer and run right back up!

Maybe the lizard likes bubble baths!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I'd be one with tunnel vision in a case like that too. I don't always appreciate going up and down the stairs so much but my washer and dryer are in the basement here and thankfully no critters at all to deal with there.

Jeanie said...

That is a pretty hardy lizard. I hope he doesn't come back for another "swim".

Joanne Noragon said...

I'll bet that lizard learned a lesson. It's probably safe to assume he learned to lizard paddle.

Intense Guy said...

You need a mini-ring float and or set of life jackets for the little ones near your laundry sink!

:)

Dana said...

I do the same thing when I go into our basement. I don't want anything to do with anything that might be down there!

Pat Hatt said...

lol maybe the lizard wants to come in and live with you

TARYTERRE said...

My question is how BIG was the lizard??? LOL Tunnel vision is a good thing.

Linda said...

Oh my, you are braver than me!

Marianne said...

I think I'd have to move. And hire a laundry lady. Tunnel vision...here I come!

rmslil said...

If I lived there and were married...my hubby would be doing all the laundry.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Wow he is definitely a survivor! The lizards don't bother me, we have so many in the yard. Skye is on patrol all the time.

Juli said...

I don't miss the lizards in FL. Not one bit. Got to confess though, we are cleaning out the spare room for Oldest's new bedroom and i was relieved that there were no "Friends".

Chatty Crone said...

Critters are amazing - aren't they?

Hollie said...

Don't blame ya at all!!! Tunnel vision can be a good thing indeed!!

JosephAlsarraf said...

Uh-oh. We have alot of lizards that like to show up in places that they don't belong in our house too.
Your tunnel vision reminds me of when I go out into my houses patio after dark and am afraid of running into a opossum, or raccoon.
: )

The Brown Recluse said...

Poor lizard. I wonder if he comes in somehow near the sink and "accidentally" lands there and can't get out?