a bench with a view

a bench with a view

Monday, September 2, 2013

I blinked........

........and suddenly it is Labor Day.  Honestly, I had no idea when I disappeared back in March that I would be gone as long as I was gone or that I would even consider giving up blogging or why suddenly blogging had become tedious.  If you know me, you know I loved to blog but in March it stopped being fun and almost seemed like work, so I knew a break would be in order while I sorted it all out. 

.......and now I'm back......with more realistic expectations about blogging......I've struggled with fitting blogging in ever since we moved down here 2-1/2 years ago, always trying to find the time to get it all done, so to speak, with having hubby home during the days, times where I would have normally read blogs.....so realistically, I'm not going to be able to follow the amount of blogs I used to follow or comment as much as I might want and I don't see schedules changing in the foreseeable future.....so I've set up a time limit on how much I'll be blogging daily and see how that goes.  And I totally understand if any and all choose not to continue reading whatever I may write. 

Its been an interesting few months.  There was a time during these past months that I wouldn't have had time to blog, but then we established a routine, only to have that routine change (I know I'm being evasive here, but I must for the sake of privacy for others), and I'm sure shortly this routine too will change and we'll scramble around adjusting to that one, as we all do in our lives and seasons of our lives.

All I can say, though, it is amazing how God answers prayers and when he chooses to answer them and how he chooses to answer them.  And I'm thankful for each and every prayer that he has answered, will answer, is currently answering but there is a particular prayer over this time period that I am so VERY GRATEFUL that he did answer that one and the particular way in which he did so (I know, evasive again, so sorry).

Koda never minds if I talk about him, so I'll say he is doing good, as food oriented as he has always been, bringing us continual laughs with his antics.  I am so very happy to say, and a bit proud of myself too, thankfully by the grace of God, that I can now administer Koda's insulin shots by myself, i.e., me holding him, me "shooting" him.  Before it was a two person operation, hubby holding, me "shooting," but due to some changes in hubby's schedules and son not always being around to help hold Koda, necessity became the mother of invention and we tried it and it worked, thank God.

I've changed how I'll "appear" when commenting on blogs.  I used to be "That Corgi", now I'm simply "betty" with a picture of a sunset. 

I hope all have been well and have enjoyed your summer, amazing fall and the holidays are around the corner, weren't they just here?

34 comments:

Jeanie said...

Look at you....back on your blog. It is good to see you. I (honestly) was just wondering about you in the last few days. So many people take a break and never come back. I am glad to hear Koda is doing well and hope for positive outcomes in all that you are dealing with.

Pat Hatt said...

wow been a long while indeed at your feed. Sometimes it can become tedious I suppose too, especially when time is constrained. That is why I stay 60 posts ahead or so, then no worries.

Michelle said...

Good to hear from you. Glad all is well. Take care and post when you want. I'll be here.

Robyn :) said...

I've missed you, Betty!!!

Mevely317 said...

Oh my gosh, and yea!
... I'm SO happy to see you're back and everyone (especially Koda!) is fine. You're absolutely right about answered prayers and God's own timeline. Since we "talked" last, I'm doing lots more imploring and trying to trust His will.


TARYTERRE said...

I wondered how you and Koda had been. WELCOME back. Look forward to reading your posts.

Seriously Though said...

PS: I don't mind if you don't read my little blogger diary. I'm having a hard time writing anyway, very tired all the time...but, don't feel you have to or must comment on it/ And don't feel you must answer this comment, Just Be Free! I will be reading when I'm able to as your sweet spirit comes through your posts.

Funny in My Mind said...

Has it been that long? I have missed you but honestly I have been so busy and blogging has been on the bottom of my list. I adore my blog friends and missed them but life takes over. Please feel free to email me anytime! I would love to hear from you! Glad that sweet pup is doing well!

Renegades said...

I also took a blog break and I have to say it was needed. I feel more creative and inspired to blog now. I am glad to see you back!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Welcome back....I've missed you! Glad to hear that God is working in your life and answering prayers. Also happy to hear that Koda is doing well.

:)

Sharon said...

OH YAY!!

Imagine my GREAT delight to see your update on my sidebar! I'm so glad you're here. Do what works best for you, Betty, but quite honestly? (I'm being selfish here) - I am so glad to see you back in Blog Land. I love your perspective on things.

Glad to hear about answered prayers - in the past and currently. God is so faithful. That is what I am learning more and more.

And Koda?? Oh, what good news that is! Tell him Marty has been missing updates about his friend. Me too.

Welcome back, Betty. I'll look forward to reading whenever you have the chance to write!

GOD BLESS!

SweetMarie said...

So glad you're back!!! Big hug to you and Koda!!!
Marie :)

Bijoux said...

I'm glad all is well. I really thought you weren't coming back.

Hollie said...

So glad to see you are back at it!! Missed you terribly!! God is good all the time!!

Verna Lantz said...

Welcome back! I've definitely missed your sunshine. I, too, have taken a break from blogging. But I shall start again soon. Again, glad you are back!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

It surely was a pleasant surprise to see you'd made a blog post ! I have missed you ! Hope you have a terrific Tuesday!

Intense Guy said...

Welcome back - a prayer of mine has been answered since you ARE back. :)

Pats Koda on the head and rubs his (big-ish) belly and says (in dog whisperer) "Woof! Weee--roof!" (Hey there! So glad to see you! Smell anything neat lately?

:)

Linda said...

Welcome Back and enjoy! Happy to hear about prayer answered. Practice makes perfect on giving those shots, and glad Koda is doing good. A beautiful "sunset" you are!

Bobbi and Gracie said...

I found myself lagging behind during the summer months as well.. (blogging) but now I'm starting to think... wonder how so-and-so is doing... etc. It is good to have you back, Betty. And I totally understand about the 'time' thing. So glad that God has been working for good in your life!

Shelly said...

How terrific that you are back! I've been hoping we'd see you here again. I'm glad things are going well in your corner of the world. And God is always, always faithful, isn't He?

Martha@SeasideSimplicity said...

You came back on my birthday! What a nice present!! :)
So glad you've decided to rejoin the blogging world. I do know how life gets in the way. I really thought I'd have plenty of time for blogging with the job change but things have been busier and crazier than ever. I guess we just never know what's in store for us. Just so glad to see you back. Now hopefully I can keep caught up! Thanks for the birthday wishes too!

salemslot9 said...

welcome back
Betty & Koda! !^-^!

my John is
busy building a
guitar for the next challenge...

Jen Forbes said...

You were missed.
Glad your back.

Blondee said...

I missed your sweet stories and friendly banter. Glad you had a break and found yourself!

jack69 said...

WHAT A JOY to see the Bench with a view on alerts. We missed you and know you were out doing good where ever you were. Good entry. Nice to see you back...

rmslil said...

Glad to see you back with updates.

Melanie said...

Welcome back!!!!!!!!!

Melanie

Betty W said...

It was soooo good to see your comment Betty! Glad you're back. I was MIA since June too, and the break was good, but I, like you will not be blogging as regularly anymore. I think that's ok. But just staying in touch this way, is good. Do you still play WWF? If so, I'll have to start a game with you again.
Hoping all is well with you and your family.
Welcome back to blogging!

LynnMarie said...

Like so many other, WELCOME BACK!!!

Mary Cooper said...

It seems like there are quite a few of us who haven't been blogging regularly! Glad you're back! :)

The Brown Recluse said...

Welcome Back!! I never did know how you could keep up with all the blog reading you did! I know it would have burned me out pretty quickly.

Change is constant, isn't it?! Just as we get a nice routine, somebody does something to change it. Life! I'm glad you are able to take care of Koda by yourself. Ole Boy never liked to do it by himself, but could, when needed...which helped because we didn't both have to schedule our lives around two daily shots.

God is faithful, and I am most appreciative.

Again...I'm really glad you're back.

netablogs said...

Scrolling through my reader this morning, and lo and behold..you're back! Great to hear from you again. And congrats on administering the insulin singlehandedly (with two hands, of course!) Looking forward to reading your posts and sharing in your journey.

Marianne said...

I've missed you, Betty, but totally understand. I've cut my blog reading to once every few weeks because it was becoming overwhelming as well. Welcome back, and just try to enjoy the writing process above all else. You have a gift.

Linda :) said...

I was in your blog yesterday and oh how I have missed you... and yet you commented in my blog first before I could comment in yours, lol... I so understand about having time to blog... every day I open the blog to a blank page and every day close that blank page... and why is it so hard to blog with hubbies home, lol... I am curious to see how much more I blog with hubby at work a couple of nights a week now... I have started reading blogs again but of my 200 from the old days only a handful still blog and the few new ones I have added, I don't really know them so don't comment much... and routines constantly changing I can so relate to that... and especially God answering prayers... isn't He Awesome... :) Koda, I have missed you too and glad you are doing well and being good so your mom can take good care of you... Halloween preparations have started here... :)