a bench with a view

a bench with a view

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

87



Its that time to sign up for the A/Z blogging challenge for the month of April. That's where we post a letter a day from the alphabet, starting April 1 with "A", April 2 with "B" etc., taking Sundays off.  Its a wild adventurous ride of blogging every day with a theme like this, BUT IT IS A LOT OF FUN!!

Sign ups started already; so join in on the fun if you want. 

I'm #87 this year for sign ups; last year I was in the 1400s and there were close to 2000 blogs last year that participated (maybe more than that).  So I'm in the top 100 (not that it makes a difference LOL, I just wanted to be higher than last year).

I promise, I'll keep my posts short and simple, which is one of the things they recommend.  They recommend a theme too, but I'm not sure if I can pull a theme off so it will be diverse, interesting, fun, humorous, insightful, engaging, encouraging, kind, and I'm sure a little corgi content too in my posts, and as always, no obligations to comment on any or all of them.

Now to get busy writing them. Some people have them all written and ready to go by April 1. 

April is going to be a busy month for me since that's when I take my certification test for medical transcription and I'll be busy studying.......

What have I done?

But it will be a lot of fun......I think....

Maybe this year I'll have to get our taxes done earlier than April 13.............

April looks to be a busy month!

Join here if interested :)

23 comments:

Dana said...

I signed up today, too! I also have another daily writing commitment that month, so I'm crossing my fingers that I can handle both of them. Now to think of an A to Z theme...

Jeanie said...

You are very brave, but it will be fun. Thinking about posting every day is sort of overwhelming to me, but I will look forward to reading yours....I hope there are lots about Koda.

Deals On Wheels said...

Kudos for signing up! I'm always thinking about doing something like that, but can never seem to commit.

I look forward to reading your posts in April! :D

mare ball said...

I just joined too! And I'm already regretting it! Don't have many ideas yet!

Funny in My Mind said...

I 'm not even going to try that this year!
Have fun!

Azara said...

I signed up and am working on my ideas for each day. I picked a theme last month.

I'm being organized because I want to spend my time visiting and commenting on other blogs, (and responding to my own comments) rather than panicking about writing a last-minute post.

I'm nervous though. It's a lot of work and the blogroll is so big I'm not sure it's going to be worth it. I have trouble keeping up with the people I already read! But...I still like to meet new people, so I'm doing it.

Shelly said...

You go girl! April will be a great, busy month.

Linda said...

Now I'm really looking forward to April! Take care!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

It'll be fun to see the A-Z entries. It seems that every year April brings lots to do. After the quieter winter days, I'm looking forward to it.

jack69 said...

Sounds interesting, but I am not sure I can stay that focused. LOL

I always enjoy your entries though, I TRY to keep an entry short, but am too mouthy to do that.

Love from this side.

Pat Hatt said...

You beat me, I am #141 on display. But all my posts are done haha and pfft to the theme, stuck in one spot isn't as hot.

Sharon said...

Looking forward to these, Betty. You're always so creative.

A wesome
B eautiful
C lever

Just using a bit of the Alphabet to describe YOU!!

GOD BLESS!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Wishing you luck!

Chatty Crone said...

Is that blogging every day I guess - good for you. I remember it last year. Hope you have fun and I will be reading yours! sandie

Bobbi and Gracie said...

Good for you Betty! I love reading the A to Z challenges! I am not disciplined enough to do this myself, though I wish I were. Good luck!

Martha said...

Thanks to your reminder I made it in pretty early too at #180. Last I looked there were already over 350 signed up. I was one of the later signs ups last year and close to the last one the year before! Looking forward to the fun although I know I will have plenty of those "what did I get myself into' moments too!

Marianne said...

Not you, too, Betty????

I'm being abandoned in my quest for blog anarachy by a bunch of alphabet-lovers.

Fine.

Have fun & good luck!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

You did good - we're about to hit four hundred.
Welcome to this year's Challenge!

The Brown Recluse said...

I signed up, too. I think I hit it before 100...but that was a few days ago, who knows that number I hit. (Thanks to you for reminding me.) I didn't choose a theme either.

I do wonder what the quest for blog anarachy is about. I'll have to visit arianne to see about that.M

netablogs said...

I will be signing up again, too. Not sure of a theme, though. Haven't thought that far ahead! I am looking forward to meeting more interesting people this year! Glad you have joined again!

Jane said...

Sounds very ambitious! I know you'll have lots of fun with it. Can't wait to see what you post each day!

Danielle L Zecher said...

You did sign up early! Good for you! I just signed up on Friday. I think we'll have fun!

Dot said...

I met you during last year's challenge, and look forward to reading your posts for this year's challenge. I signed up this morning.