a bench with a view

a bench with a view

Saturday, September 15, 2012

Alleluia

Alleluia, alleluia, alleluia and alleluia.........

Can I get an alleluia from the back row??

ALLELUIA.

Guess what?? Yes, that's what.  No, the exciting news isn't that I'm back, (though that is exciting in itself because I wrestled about what to do with this blog), but I did miss you all and I thank those who sent inquiries on how I was doing.

Still wondering? Still guessing? 

I'll give you a minute.........

Okay, kept you in suspense long enough.

It is over!

Yes it is!!!

Mandatory overtime is OVER, OVER, OVER, OVER,

Done with. Finished.

Got the email today. We're not out of the woods yet, we're still understaffed but I think they realized how long we've been on mandatory overtime (since February 24, but who is counting?) and they realized we needed a break.

I'll take it, however I get it.

Breathing a big sigh of relief.

I told hubby today that I don't mind working overtime, I've worked overtime a lot with this particular account over the past three years, but it was the mandatory overtime that bogged me down, the realization every day having to put in an extra hour and to plan around getting that extra hour in.

I know it will take a few days to get used to not having to work it and I do plan to still work overtime when offered, but if something else comes up and I choose not to, its a nice feeling knowing I don't have to if I don't want to.

Okay, so I'm back.

Don't want to make this too long so I won't use this as an update of "what I did when I took my blog break". Will do updates in sections.

Let's just leave you with a bit of wanting to come back for more with snippets like this....

August was not a good month to be a corgi.

I'm negotiating settling my strike.

(Its good to be back.)

34 comments:

Janice's footsteps said...

OHHHH Betty I missed you so I am so glad you are BACK is really sooo??? can't wait for snippets or crumpets too LOL welcome back sister/friend :))

Kellie @ Delightfully Ludicrous said...

Welcome back! And congratulations on your liberation from the dreaded overtime!

Michelle said...

Good to have you back!!!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

It is so good to have you back with us again. I have missed you and your comments. I'm glad the overtime is over for you. I'm looking forward to hearing about what you've been doing.

banning brewd said...

so glad you are back! missed you terribly!!!

Big Mark 243 said...

I thought it was me... overlooking your blog when I did come to read... good that things are starting to slow down but I definitely wonder what is going on with our favorite corgi..!

Shelly said...

We're so glad you're back! You've been missed, my friend. Looking forward to reading your new posts~

Chatty Crone said...

I am glad the mandatory is over - I would hate that myself. I was kind of hoping your hubby got a job - but this is great. Glad you are back!!!

Jen Forbes said...

You had me concerned being gone so long. Sounds like things are looking up!

Jeanie said...

It is good to have you back and to hear the good news about your overtime. I will be looking forward to what is to come....especially a Koda story.

Tami said...

Welcome back - and congratulations! Hope you have more time to just breathe and enjoy life. And blog, of course.

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

Yay! So glad you're back (and that the mandatory overtime is over).

Mevely317 said...

Woo-hooooo n' wow. Just yesterday I was thinking of you and made myself a promise to drop by this weekend .... and here you are, all safe n' sound!

... the corgi vs. August tease has me a bit concerned, tho'. OK, I'm going to think only GOOD thoughts.

Hugs,
Myra

Rita said...

Welcome back! :)

I know that even if I did the overtime every time they asked...well, that is completely different than not giving you a choice and making it mandatory.

Now you have me worried about Koda! Fill us in when you can.

Dana said...

So glad you're back! I've been thinking about you. :)

jack69 said...

What a nice surprise to see the alert from the Corgi or the Bench. Great about the schedule, When you said earlier 'mandatory overtime' I said what they mean is you will just work longer hours on a regular basis. Anyway Glad for you!!!

Love to you Koda and all.

jack69 said...

What a nice surprise to see the alert from the Corgi or the Bench. Great about the schedule, When you said earlier 'mandatory overtime' I said what they mean is you will just work longer hours on a regular basis. Anyway Glad for you!!!

Love to you Koda and all.

Betty WSch. said...

Welcome back! It was so nice to see your blog in my reader today. Hope you enjoy your Sunday!!

Hollie said...

WONDERFUL NEWS INDEED!! I do not like the MANDATORY thing either!! SO good to hear from you!!!!

Funny in My Mind said...

I have been on overtime too and I feel horrible that I did not inquire on your whereabouts but I thought about you, does that count?
I hope Koda is ok!?
Yea for a break for you!!

Linda said...

Allelu, allelu, allelu, alleluia,

Praise Ye The Lord!
(Remind that old chorus!)

Rob-bear said...

The "Alleluia" made me think you had met up with Leonard Cohen. But no, I was mistaken.

Glad the mandatory overtime is done. Also glad you are not a corgi. (I'm sure you will explain, won't you, Betty.)

Godsgalnj said...

Welcome back!! :) I got really excited when I saw your post! :)

Lynda said...

A person has to get a break to have the energy to keep going. I needed to put some extra time in on Friday (my day off since I work Sunday at the church) but could not make myself do it - - - and I feel so much better for staying at home. But I had that option.
I, too, am wondering about your Corgi.

Tina@WhatWeKeep said...

Hi Betty!
Hope your pup is okay and that you can relax a little now.
Glad to have you back~
Tina

Empty Nester said...

Mandatory overtime since February?! Yikes! Overtime is one thing but the mandatory part would have me rebelling like crazy. LOL Glad you're getting that hour back! Thanks for your comment at my blog! Hope your weekend has been wonderful!

Carolina Diez said...

Welcome back! Just the other day I was wondering where you'd been. Glad as is well.
sewcarolinaknits

mare ball said...

So glad you'll have more time in your own life. I did wonder where you had been. :-)

JosephAlsarraf said...

That's great! Glad to see that your back! Lots of smiles! : ) : ) : )
: )

Intense Guy said...

*does the Koda 'I'm getting a treat!' happy dance!*

:)

Aneta said...

Glad your mandatory overtime is OVER! :) Looking forward to reading your posts again (although I've not been on the blog trail much lately, either).

SweetMarie said...

If I didn't already say it...it's great to have you back!!!!! I think of you everytime we're walking the pups by our lake and there are two benches. :) or if I see a Corgi :)

rmslil said...

Glad you are back. I did not realize I had not checked blogger in a week. WOW!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Alleluia!!!! This is great news.