a bench with a view

a bench with a view

Thursday, June 21, 2012

snippets



This is what happens when you try to take a picture of a corgi on a bench with a view. You neither get a good picture of the corgi and forget the view. The bench came out somewhat okay.

This is just snippets of what's going on. Not much to really write about.  Actually, I have a few things floating around in my head, just haven't taken the time to write them.

My new blog header picture is from a man-made lake here in East Lake, which is part of Chula Vista where I live, but they don't like being part of Chula Vista so they call themselves East Lake. It is about five miles from where I live.  It was just built up within the past 20-25 years; actually I love the area. It used to be basically just canyons, now it is houses and businesses and stores and schools and a man-made lake. Have a confession here, we aren't really supposed to be walking around that lake since it belongs to a home owner's association..........I know.......but it is really pretty there. We don't go there too often. Twice. We did see another corgi there, same color as Koda, but fatter, if that is even possible.

I try to look for pictures of benches with views to add to my journal. I see a lot when I don't have my camera or I can't get to the place to take the picture. I plan to take a day off sometime this summer and just go to all those places and snap the pictures.

Alleluia! Mandatory overtime has been reduced two days a week; we don't have to work it on Wednesdays and Thursdays, at least for the time being. Still have to the other five days if its part of our shift. But its a start, so I'm grateful. What will I do with that extra hour? Blogging seems to come to mind.

Son quit his job delivering pizza, which was a good thing because there's been a few robberies of pizza delivery drivers here. He's working instead as a valet for the company he auto details for. He loves it. Works Friday and Saturday nights in addition to the three days he works auto detailing.  He's lost weight since he started valeting with all the running. Maybe I need to become a valet.........

June and September are our family's birthday months; we have three in June and five n September. None in July (yet) or February (yet).  January is hubby's mom and she's no longer here, May is my mom and she's no longer here. Otherwise the other months are covered.  So we're going out to celebrate nephew's birthday Saturday; a niece celebrated yesterday, hubby celebrated earlier in the month.

According the to Mayan calendar, if you believe it (I don't) the world is supposed to end 12/21/2012. Six months from today. I sure hope not. I kind of like that day.

Of course only God knows when the world will end. So I'm not worried.

Just going to throw this out and close with it. I've not been as tired as I've been in a bit and not much has changed so if anyone has been praying for me to get good rest and not to be tired, thanks, God's been answering those prayers. Thanks God.

Have great weekends!! Go out and enjoy the start of summer!!!!



28 comments:

Parsley said...

The view of a dog is all my eyes are drawn to in pics anyway. lol

Oh...if it's really going to be the end of the world on 12/21/2012, I say we all have an extra dessert the night before. lol

Karen Greenberg said...

Koda is so cute!

Rita said...

So glad you are getting more rest!! :)
That is a beautiful spot (header) and I look at Koda first, too, on the bench shot.
I don't think about the end of the world, either. I try to live each day as if it could be my last anyways--so then you never have to worry much about the end of the world. You're always ready to go. ;)
Have a super weekend and enjoy your days of no overtime during the week, now! Hopefully it will be every day soon. :)

jack69 said...

Awww, Koda makes a good picture. Good entry. Glad son likes his work, that is always a plus.
Not sure who helped the Mayans, but.......
You are right only ONE knows.
Enjoyed reading the 'View from the Bench!"

Janice's footsteps said...

I can not wait for your pics of new benches and new views i for one always notice when you change that bench hhaha. I have my 2 youngest in June for birthdays just five days apart and 12 yrs. apart my son was so worried she was going to share his birthday & even 5 days is to close for him. happy birthday to your June birthdays!! I am glad you got some sleep so important. :))

Rob-bear said...

I'm not so sure about the world ending in December. The Mayans, when you listen to them, believe there is going to be a significant change — not the end of the world.

Koda is looking good, even if on someone else's property.

TARYTERRE said...

I've missed seeing Koda. What a sweet picture. I LOVE anyplace with a water feature. LOL You are so lucky, to be so close to one. Glad your work load has eased a bit. and that your son is happy with what he's doing. If the end of the world comes in December, I'll be heading home, no worries. Take care. ENJOY those birthdays.

Shelly said...

Koda is a star, no matter what is in the picuture with him. He's too cute! Glad you are seeing the light at the end of the tunnel as far as overtime~

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I think your idea of taking pictures of the benches you see with a view is a great idea. Seeing your Koda always brings a SMILE. So glad you are finally getting some time for you. All work like that isn't good for more than a few days at a time. Hope you have a fantastic Friday!

SweetMarie said...

It so good to see Koda! He's so adorable! I took a pic of a bench at the lake the other day and thought of you. :)
Happy for your son, sounds like he's getting it all worked out.:)
Hope you enjoy the birthday celebrations and have a fantastic weekend! Hugs to your puppy dog!

Dana said...

Koda is adorable!

Glad work is going better and you haven't been so tired. I'm happy things are going well for your son, too.

I'm looking forward to more bench photos. Have a great weekend!

Deanna said...

Me thinks Koda is a tad bit camera shy. That man made lake looks so peaceful. I'd be tempted to do a bit of trespassing myself ;)

I find myself offering up a bit of a prayer for each of my blog friends as I read their blogs. I figure everyone can use a little help now and then!

Have a wonderful day and enjoy that extra few hours!!!!!

Jeanie said...

Koda looks great...even though he is not looking our way. I love how positive you sound in this post. Being able to cut back a little on your work time and getting better rest are definitely positive changes.

Lynn Proctor said...

that would be a cruel trick, if the world did end on that day--we would have all probably finished our Christmas shopping!jk---so happy your son is liking his new job!

rmslil said...

Koda acts like my cat... as soon as the camera comes out, he turns his head.

Funny in My Mind said...

Molly does the same thing, turns or hides her face when I snap photos.
I would definitely be sneaking to that lake to walk more often, you can play dumb and point to one of the houses and tell them you are a visiting aunt.
Thank goodness you are getting a break from work!
We had 2 birthdays in June (Nick and my mother in law) 2 in July, and 3 in Sept.
I don't believe the Mayans. If we factored in Leap Years, the world would have ended anyway.

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

Thank God for answered prayer!

Glad to hear that your son enjoys his new job. I'm sure that you're glad, too (no worrying about his safety).

And especially glad to hear that your mandatory overtime has been reduced. Another answered prayer!

mare ball said...

Yep, I think the Mayans are off. :-) Only God knows. Glad job issues have turned out well. Wow, so many birthdays in September - our family is like that in August. You really have to plan!

JosephAlsarraf said...

Well first of all, I like the profile pic, glad you took it, Koda's is good too!

Cool, my brother was a valet, he loved it so much it didn't even care if they paid him, which i'm not sure if they ever did, you should diffidently try it out.

12/21/2012 is exactly a week after my birthday!

You should diffidently thank God for that! : )

banning brewd said...

photographing dogs and toddlers is very similar...'say cheese! click...ugh...' repeat. :)

Chatty Crone said...

Let's see - Koda is adorable. You know kids never do what you want them to do! And your son working where he loves is something we all hope to do. I am glad that you have less hours to work and that you will be blogging more. And glad you feel rested! lol
sandie

Lynda said...

As always, it's great to hear from you! Isn't it good to just deal with "normal" for a while - - even with the reduced overtime at work? You sound happy and content and that's worth a lot of gold.

forever folding laundry said...

June is our birthday month too.
Whew!
I think we're finished now though.
We have a mini break until August. :)
Glad you are feeling better Betty.
Enjoy your weekend!

-Keri

Renegades said...

I miss some great pictures too because I forgot my camera.

Robyn :) said...

I was watching a Criminal Minds rerun the other day and it took place in Chula Vista lol.

When the Mayan calendar was made there was no leap years, so taking that into consideration 12-12-12 has already passed :)

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Looks like a lovely place to go for a walk. So happy about those two days where you don't have the mandatory overtime is over! Glad your son is loving the valet job.
I see those guy running in Vegas where we always valet and they get a great workout. I don't know what to think about the Mayan calendar. I do believe when the world ends it will be God's choice. My son-in-laws family is all about that. They have the most unbelievable supply for the end of the world.
I would say they have easily spent $50,000 on food alone let alone all the other item. (guns, bullet, etc)

Toriz said...

I figure if the world's going to end there's nothing we can do about it, so there's no point worrying about it. Besides, I've lost count of how many times the world is meant to end. And personally I'd rather assume it isn't and plan for the future and know I'm OK if the world keeps going than assume it's going to end and have a problem when it keeps going.

Intense Guy said...

Koda is demonstrating his "bashful" pose. :) That is a lovey lake, I can see why you want to walk there.

I think 12/21/2012 the calender just ends... so the Maya have to go to the store and buy a new one. The world won't even notice unless they are horrible drivers and cause an accident or something.