a bench with a view

a bench with a view

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Shepherd



Genesis 48:15 Then he blessed Josseph and said, “May the God before whom my fathers
Abraham and Isaac walked faithfully, the God who has been my shepherd  all my life to this day,


What an image.

The God who has been my shepherd all my life.

What does a shepherd do?  Takes care of his sheep; his flock.

What does the shepherd put first?  His flock.

Who does the shepherd protect? His flock, even at the cost of injury to himself.

What does the shepherd provide? Food, water, safety, shelter for his flock.

Who is the Good Shepherd?  JESUS

What does he do? Protect and provide for his flock.

Who does he value? His flock; he died for us.

Who is his flock? Everyone who puts their faith and trust in him.

You have always been my Shepherd, thank you Jesus!

19 comments:

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

You can't get any better than that for a S word for sure!

Dana said...

Wonderful post!

Martha said...

Perfect for S Betty! Hope you have a Sunny Saturday :)

Linda B. said...

Wonderful image and comforting words about the Good Shepherd!

Dropping off at hazardous waste collection yesterday, the attendant heard my car radio and queried, "you must know him," and I'm thinking at first dj or Christian band, and then we kinda both said, "...him with a 'H'."

Debby@Just Breathe said...

He is all we need.

Shelly said...

That's a prefect S!

TARYTERRE said...

AMEN. Have a wonderful weekend. Take care.

Rita said...

Have a great weekend, Lady!!
Beautiful post. :)

jack69 said...

It is nice to be reminded of the Good Shepherd. Thanks.

have a great day tomorrow and I know you are about to get used to no pecking noise. That is good.

Nel said...

So simple if we just accept it!
good post!
until next time... nel

JosephAlsarraf said...

Yup!!!!!!! : )

The Brown Recluse said...

If we could just remember that, we'd have no fear in our lives. I'd love a life without fear.

Caroline said...

What a Awesome post & A Huge Amen !!!!

Sharkbytes said...

I recently visited some sheep, and really understood this better after that. I'm trying to visit all the A-Z Challenge Blogs this month. My alphabet is at myqualityday.blogspot.com

Snowbrush said...

Yep, you got your sheep, and then you got your goats. Funny how sheep came to represent a desired state of being, and goats....well, goats not so much.

SweetMarie said...

What a wonderful post! Hope you have a nice Earth Day Betty!

Chatty Crone said...

I'm glad I am a sheep and he is my Shepard. sandie

Bica said...

What an inspiring post, Betty...love it.

Intense Guy said...

:) He had a very large flock.