Wednesday, April 18, 2012
Some of my pet peeves:
1. People late for church (or I guess late for anything). Plan accordingly. Only people in my opinion that can justify being late for anything are parents with young children. (Of course I realize there are emergencies that come up, but if you are late week after week after week.......)
2. People who talk through church (or I guess at a movie too). I'm trying to focus on worshipping God, listening to the message, etc., and there is inevitably someone in front of me talking with their spouse or their friend, whoever, that is a distraction to me. Be respectful for where you are at.
3. People who text and drive. It is going to catch you; you think it won't, but it will.
4. People who talk on their cell phone and drive. See #3.
5. Kids who are at a park for soccer practice or whatever team practice and don't clean up their water or sport drink bottles and leave them scattered over the grass. Parents, teach your kids to pick up after themselves and coaches, watch and make sure the area is as clean when you leave as when you got there.
6. Doctors who dictate chewing gum. No thank you, I don't want to hear your smack, smack, smack as you are trying to get your thoughts together to dictate on a patient.
7. Doctors who mumble and are dictating in a noisy area. Enunciate and move to a quieter area.
8. Cell phones going off in church. Put them on vibrate. Better yet, turn them off. You can get by without them for an hour or so.
9. Doctors who dictate while driving. I know you are busy, I know you are trying to get something done that you don't like to do (dictate) and trying to multitask but the sound quality is always bad and inevitably there are going to be blanks left in the report because I can't understand what is being said.
10. Corgis who hog the bed. Really Koda, there's enough room for the three of us if you wouldn't take your third out of the middle width wise.
Any pet peeves you want to share?