a bench with a view

a bench with a view

Friday, April 13, 2012

Lackluster



      Lackluster:  Lacking in vitality, force, or conviction; uninspired.


That's me thinking about the letter "L".  I have pretty much something for every
letter of the alphabet left but I've been stumped on the letter "L".

Its a wonderful letter, don't get me wrong.

Lots of great words start with "L".

Love - and the world needs more of that, especially remembering the love of Jesus.

Lemons - glass of lemonade on a hot summer day, refreshing.
Lollipops - so sugary sweet.

Library - great place to expand one's knowledge.

Lottery - oh well, we didn't win the Mega Millions a few weeks back.

Lizard - always managing to slither away and scare me.

Then I started to think of "L" words to write about.

License - driving specifically, but that sounded so boring.

Loan - seemed almost bragging when I would write about us being debt free (almost) but so very close when the car loan gets paid off in October.

Lost - the TV show that riveted me but also talking about getting lost somewhere, which never really happened to me or to the kids so that sounded boring.

Limerick - thought I'd study how to write one and then write one, but that didn't sound too creative.

Lakers - but honestly although they are my favorite basketball team, I have no idea how they are doing this year.

Lots of wonderful people's names start with :"L", Lottie, Lenny, Linda, Laini, Letti, Leah, Levi, Lily, Libby, Lamar, Latoya, and so many more.
Lots of medical terms and medicine start with "L", Lantus, lisinopril, Lexapro, laparoscope, ligature, LigaSure, lesions, and so many more.

So it is a great letter.

Maybe it is me.

Am I the only one lackluster about the letter "L?"

24 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

I do have to say I like L - love - life - laughter - like - etc. sandie

Shelly said...

Your "L's" sound pretty (L)ively to me!

Hollie said...

I enjoyed reading your "L" list! Very interesting!

jack69 said...

I don't know, but I think you done 'L' well!

Love from this side!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Lack luster was a surprising word for me to see coming from you this morning. I like the chatty crones words much better love, life, laughter. Nothing lackluster about those words at all. You really did a great job covering the L words though...I always say if you cant see the bright side, polish up the dull side. Hope your Friday is a fantastic one!

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

I'll bet you're the only A to Z Challenger who's chosen lackluster today. ;-)

Intense Guy said...

Well, of all the letters from A to Z, I can never claim to have said, "L is my mostest favorite letter."

:)

Jeanie said...

You may have felt lackluster, but you got pretty lively with your list of L words.
Congrats on being debt-free, even though you didn't win the Lottery.

Funny in My Mind said...

No you aren't the only one. I asked my husband and he said Love. Hmmm

Toriz said...

I haven't really thought about it to be honest.

JosephAlsarraf said...

Lol! Great choice for the letter, I thought love would've been a good word, especially coming after God, Jesus, and Koda! But, yours was still good, I even "learned" some new words like limerick....? : )

Linda B. said...

Thank you for not going into detail on medical terms!!! So many "L's" to chose from your list; the greatest of these is Love. Tomorrow you're over the hump, half way through this marathon challenge.

Betty WSch. said...

Loved reading about your L words. You got a lot in there. Being debt free is a HUGE accomplishment. You're allowed to brag about that!

Valerie Sloan said...

Maybe you're just having an off day and that's why L is so lackluster? But then again, I dunno. I was having quite a bit of trouble with the letter myself. Not that there aren't a lot of great words for the letter, just that none of them seemed very inspiring today. lol

The Brown Recluse said...

There was nothing lackluster about this entry, that's for sure. I guess I don't think of any letters as not good letters...I like them all.

Very original idea and great lists for our friend, the L.

Rita said...

I have lackluster days, too. It's such a good word. :)

Lynn Proctor said...

i'm thinking that lottery one looks pretty good to me

Brenda Youngerman said...

I Love this post!!!!

Martha said...

L just seems to be one of those funky letters, not a hard one like Q or our last round with U, V, W, X, Y and Z but L is one people seem to get stuck on!
I had originally planned on posting my love story for L but ran out of time and didn't want to do it halfway.
Lottery is good though don't you think? If we win it will be even better :)

SweetMarie said...

I have nothing against the letter "L". I Like this post. I Love Life! I Love to Laugh! I Like Looking at everyone's photos. :) You make me Laugh! Have a fabulous weekend!

Shelley said...

Stopping by from AtoZ! I'm actually looking forward to "L" it means I'll be catching up!

Shannon W. said...

My husband was/is a Lost addict. He watches it on Netflix...over and over and over! LOL

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Fun post for "L" Happy Sunday
Love me some lemons and hooray for being almost debt free! I also loved Lost.

Sharon said...

Lackluster? Hardly.

A lackluster person lacks SHINE - and that is not you, Betty!!

This post was Lovely, I Learned a lot, I really Liked it, and I Love you!

GOD BLESS!