a bench with a view

a bench with a view

Saturday, April 7, 2012

God




Romans 8:31 "What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us?"

I like how God is always for me. He hears every prayer I pray; he just chooses to answer them in his perfect timing and his perfect way and he might even answer them with a "no" because he knows it is not the best thing for me or maybe will wait to answer them allowing me to grow by patience or will answer them quickly with a "go".

There is no place I can go to hide from him. He knows me better than I know myself. He guides, he protects, he leads, he sustains, he provides.

I believe Jesus is the only way to Father God. "John 14:6 I am the way, the truth, the life, no one comes to the father except through me."

I believe God loves all of us. John 3:16 "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."

I believe Jesus died for my sins and when I asked him to forgive them and accepted him as my Lord and Savior, I got the assurance of eternal life with him in heaven.

On this eve before Easter Sunday, I am so grateful to Father God for sending Jesus to die for my sins and that Jesus was willing to die for me and that he rose again and he is ALIVE!!!

He is risen.

He is risen indeed!

(Happy Easter all :)

18 comments:

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I think you have picked the very best G word of all. Everything I do and all I have is because of the wonderful gift of life that He has give me. He loves us all so very much. What a blessing Easter is for us all. I'll be singing the Lord's praises all my days.

Shelly said...

Amen, Betty, Amen!

Bica said...

Beautiful post. I hope you have a Blessed Easter, Betty.

The Brown Recluse said...

What a beautiful Truth! I am so grateful to Jesus...He was given a choice, you know? But He said, "Not My will, but Yours."

Martha said...

Beautiful testament Betty. Happy Easter to you and your family!

Lynn Proctor said...

without the choice it wouldn't mean anything---wonderful posting

jack69 said...

And....... I BELIEVE YOU ARE RIGHT!!!!

When facing life, it is good to know you have HIM on your side. His is the winning team, and I am glad we are on it.
Love from the other coast, cool but warming to a great Easter here in SC.

Hold my hand: a social worker's blog said...

I love this post, Betty. We chose the same word :-)

Just like Pauletta said, "I feel God" as I read your powerful post.

Have a blessed Easter!

Doris

Debby@Just Breathe said...

AMEN! ((HUGS))

JosephAlsarraf said...

Great post! He is alive indeed.

Lol! I guess I know what your going to write for the letter J? Ha ppy Easter to you too! : )

Nel said...

Hi Betty... It has been a long long time! Love this post!
until next time... nel

Big Mark 243 said...

...Happy Easter to you too Betty..!

Linda B. said...

Perfect post for "G"! Easter is a coming! Have a blessed Easter!

Michelle said...

Amen! Happy Easter to you!

TARYTERRE said...

HALLELUJAH! Happy EASTER. May it be a blessed one.

Funny in My Mind said...

Beautiful post Betty!
I feel awful because I haven't been over here in awhile and I didn't know I could comment (you couldn't before right?)
I am catching up now!

Sharon said...

A wonder-full Easter Sunday blessing to you and yours!

May you experience the joy of the Truth this Resurrection Day – that we serve the Risen Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ!

Praise His name for His gift of salvation, and for the hope and promise of eternal life.

GOD BLESS!

Intense Guy said...

You remind me of a piano piece I used to be able to play, "Christ the Lord is Risen Today". I rehearsed it a bazillion times in order to play it at a recital at Church... and to this day can hear the congregation singing the words... even though I can barely hear anything anymore.