a bench with a view

a bench with a view

Friday, April 6, 2012

Friends



I have said it before and I will say it again, I have the BEST blogging friends in the whole world. You guys are all so patient with me with blog breaks, deleting blogs, starting new blogs, etc. You laugh with me, cry with me, pray for me, love me. I am so honored and so blessed!

I started blogging in 2005 through AOL; we had a great community there. A lot came over to Blogger when AOL shut down their journals, but through the years they have filtered out from blogging, but there are a few that are still blogging here that I read and read me. These include Ma, who is so full of wisdom on her blog, Meg who is a great photographer and poet, Martha who is always up for a challenge and a party and hosted Koda on his virtual vacation two years ago, and Patrick who has been caregiving for his wife with multiple sclerosis for over 20 years.

(I was going to include everyone's blog addresses, but it got a bit overwhelming, forgive me).

Then there are those I met through the years. Joseph who likes Nascar and his new bike and possums and peacocks, Jack and Sherry traveling in their RV, Lynda awaiting the birth of their first grandchild, Michelle who likes sewing machines and quilting, Iggy who plays a mean game of Word with Friends, lives in a beautiful part of the country and is shares his family's geneology with us as well as has shown me a new appreciation for orange cones, Veronica who is an ER doctor and just adopted the cutest of puppies, Mark in Nebraska living out a plan he had in the makings for a few years before it came to be, Funny who does write funny stories but works hard in their restaurant, Taryterre learning how to adapt with forced retirement when her hubby lost his job, Jeanie with adorable grandchildren in Colorado, Rita in Idaho who draws great pictures, Tori in England who makes great greeting cards, Bobbi with Gracie a dog more spoiled than Koda if that is even possible, Sharon who shares her insights about God and the Bible, another Sharon who just closed her blog, Kathy who is finally permanently retired and enjoying her grandkids, Robyn who is eating healthy and doing great with it, Renegrades who has two adorable children and just went back to work a few months ago, Cate who does a great meme on Saturdays called 6-Word Saturday, Betty in Paraguay who is doing great with her weight loss, Tami who likes to do puzzle games on her blog, Becky who writes about being a substitute teacher at times, Brenda who is an author of several published books, Earnestly Still who is a realtor in a tough market these days, Angela recovering from breast cancer surgery, Maria who is talented in her crafts, Sandie who writes positive encouraging posts daily (except this week as she is enjoying spring break), Caroline who suffered several baby losses but has a heart of gold and prays for so many and makes cross stitched remembrances for other parents who suffered a baby loss, Debby who sends hankerchiefs to moms who lost children for them to use for their tears, Melanie who is taking a break from blogging, Linda who has worked for Sears for over 30 years and is busy raising children and not blogging much these days, Gracie who lives in my hometown and I know she is going to get to her weight loss goal, Shelly who is a teacher and weaves a great tale in her writing, Marie in Florida that takes great picture, Cindi also in Florida getting ready to have her son graduate from college this spring, Jane who just moved into a new house, Jamie coming back to blogging after having lost her spouse to cancer a few years back, Hollie in Georgia who has a great hubby and son, Lanie and Mark who are loving being "parents" to Monti a sweet dog, Keri who has such a beautiful family and is so talented with what she creates, Kelly who is on vacation right now in Georgia for spring break......and a very special unnamed friend who knows who they are who is so very gifted in pictures and loves the Word of God amongst other things.........

If anyone wants a blog address for anyone I listed, email me, Lv2trnscrb@aol.com and I'll send it to you. They are all great blogs and worthy of checking them out!

And I'm sure I'm missing a few more of you.....so sorry if I did not include you, blame it on my senior brain.

But you are all my dearest of friends and I've said it before and I will say it again, you are the best and I am so honored you take the time to read my dribbles and my words and that you have stuck with me through thick and thin.

I am blessed with your friendship. Thank you each and everyone!

32 comments:

Linda B. said...

I'm sure all are blessed by your friendship and comments also!Fun blog connection from around the world. And what a friend we have in Jesus!

Intense Guy said...

“It takes a friend to be a friend” and you are a wonderful friend. It is I that should be saying thank YOU -

So, I shall!

Thank YOU. Everyday I thank the circumstances that made our paths cross. :)

Autumn said...

I've said it before but it's worth repeating. I really believe God makes people cross paths for a reason.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Friends are wonderful and some of the best I've made is through blogging. I've been doing it a long time now and have many of the same friends as you. I think we all share a common bond in our love of the Lord and of life. I'm honored to be counted as your friend! Hope your Friday is a fantastic one!

Lynn Proctor said...

i believe God brings people into our lives also---wonderful post!

Betty WSch. said...

What a special post. You know, I think it's because YOU are such a great friend, that makes us special. Thank YOU for your friendship Betty!
May you be blessed this Easter holiday.

Michelle said...

I agree with everything said by the previous commenters. I enjoy reading your blog, and you always have the sweetest things to me. I appreciate you as a friend as well.

Have a wonderful Easter!

Martha said...

You know I agree with you Betty! I feel just as close to some of my blogging friends as I do my real life friends - sometimes even closer because we tend to spend more time together! Thank you for the mention today. You are one of my most special blogging friends :)

Shelly said...

I count it among my great blessings to have met YOU through blogging!

Jeanie said...

Our blog friends are as real as the sun in the sky and you have expressed the reality of those friendships very beautifully here.

Melanie said...

Wow, Betty, you sure are blessed with lots of bloggin' buddies!!
Hope you have fun hiding the eggs. Those PB Snickers look yummy! :)

Rita said...

It's really something how wonder blogger friends can be. You have been blessed! :)

Debby@Just Breathe said...

What a wonderful post! Your so sweet and dearly loved. Have a blessed Easter. ((HUGS)) Can't believe there was blogging in 2005 on AOL! So glad to have you as a friend and thankful that God brought us together.

Big Mark 243 said...

I like what the Intense Guy said... you have made such wonderful friends because YOU are a wonderful friend Betty..!

Robyn :) said...

This was such a sweet post!

jack69 said...

When I fist met you I was impressed with the blog. So many subjects you have covered that were dear to my heart. Of course the introduction to Koda and the lineage of Corgi's. I had never known the name of the breed. I thought it was just a short Shepherd. I know now, He is muchmore tha that. LOL

Enjoyed the post, thanks. You have so many friends, because 'You have first, shown yourself friendly!'
Love from South Carolina
Sherry & Jack

Patrick said...

Certainly the most 'friendly' entry I've ever read :) Thanks!

Caregivingly Yours, Patrick

TARYTERRE said...

BLOG BUDDIES are the BEST. I read many of the blogs you mentioned and they are all special people. You included. have a blessed Easter. take care.

The Brown Recluse said...

I have to say, Miss Betty, that you have been the MOST loyal blogging friend I have ever met! I can't believe it all started in 2005! Time really passes quickly. JLand was so special.

Thank you for your kind words...you are a very special friend to me, indeed!

JosephAlsarraf said...

LOL! That's a long list, you have alot of friends. I'm surprised you remembered all that about them.

Thanks, it's been nice knowing you too! : )

SweetMarie said...

You and blogland are one of my many blessings! I'm grateful to read your blog and to see you visit mine. Hope things are going good for you and your family. :) You are so sweet!

Deanna said...

You've been such a great friend to so many! Great F. I hope you have a wonderfully blessed Easter.

Deanna

Toriz said...

It sounds as though you have some wonderful friends; thank you for counting me among them!

And thank you too for being a wonderful friend yourself!

:)

Hold my hand: a social worker's blog said...

You enlighten your friends and visitors with your sweet words and encouragement. Glad I found your blog through the A-Z.

Doris

Chatty Crone said...

Hey we just got back in town, but I wanted to wish you a blessed Easter, sandie

Dawn said...

You have been blogging a long time! Kudos to you! I am so new to this, and have really enjoyed meeting so many great friends and writers - and you are no exception! Thanks for stopping by my blog the other day - I look forward to reading more posts by you! :-)
Dawn

Funny in My Mind said...

thank you so much!
you really know your blog friends Betty!

Rhia Roberts said...

You reap what you sow...I'm impressed you've been blogging for so long. I've been blogging since January THIS year. One day I may have your following...?
Rhia from Five Minute Piece for Inspiration (around # 802 in A to Z list today)

Tami said...

I'm enjoying following your A-Z posts. Thanks for mentioning me and I totally agree - blog friendships are the best. When people see only what you put on paper (or screen)- without any social status, looks, home decor, car, etc to form their opinion - it's so much more honest and everyone is very accepting.

I couldn't live without you and all my blog friends.

forever folding laundry said...

And I'm blessed by your friendship as well.
Thank you for the kind words!
You are such a kind, genuine, and encouraging person.
Funny how blogging has brought so many
friendships into our lives.
I love how God works!
:)

-keri

Veronica B. said...

Yeah!! Friends are the best... even those we have never met and yet know all about..! Cheers from me and Dixie!

Lynda said...

Awwwhhhh - - - you are sweet to mention me!!! Thanks! I am playing catch-up tonight and hope to read the rest of your alphabetic posts.