a bench with a view

a bench with a view

Saturday, March 31, 2012

A-Z April Blogging Challenge




I'm throwing my hat in and joining the A-Z blogging challenge starting tomorrow.  Each letter of the alphabet is assigned a day in April (with Sundays off except for the first Sunday tomorrow since it is April 1) and participants write a post with something relative to the letter of the day. For instance, maybe for "A" they'll do a picture of an airplane, "B" a  picture of a baby and so on.  There are over 1400 people already signed up.

Here's the site to check out the rules, schedule, and to sign up if interested.

I've been in a slump for a bit trying to figure out what to write so I thought this would be a good way to get those creative juices running again.

I know Martha and Funny are participating in it; if anyone else is, let me know so I can make sure to visit your posts daily through the challenge.

They say to keep posts short and simple (that will be hard for me, but I'm going to do my best).

I'm going to "steal" Martha's theme and write about things about myself, things that I like, might throw in a story from my childhood.

I don't expect everyone to read or comment on every single post; I know it can get overwhelming.

I'm up for a challenge, so we will see how it goes!

If anyone does sign up to participate, do let me know!!

Have a great weekend!!!

14 comments:

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I am looking forward to reading all the A-Z posts. As I'm someone that makes an entry every day anyway, I'm not going to participate in the challenge, but I will look forward to the A-Z entries every day. Hope your Saturday is a super one!

Barbara said...

That sounds like a fun idea. Don't know if I'm up for it or not, as I've just returned to blogging. Glad to find you still here and busy, even if you did start a new blog and a new direction. - Barbara

jack69 said...

Oh great! We all would love to read some more real life of Betty. I think those are the BEST for a blog.

Love you lady,
Be good out there on the other coast!

Jeanie said...

I have been a really bad blogger lately....just don't think I could do everyday right now. I admire you for taking on the challenge and will be looking forward to what you have to say.

Shelly said...

What fun- I look forward to reading yours!

JosephAlsarraf said...

Ya I've heard about it before. Every day? Hmm... gonna be a challenge. I don't know if I want to do it yet, maybe next month.

Good luck! : )

Rita said...

I didn't really know what that A to Z thing was. I saw it on another blog somewhere. I don't know if I could post that regularly OR be short and sweet, for that matter--LOL! But I look forward to learning more about you. :)

The Brown Recluse said...

I haven't heard of this challenge before...or I forgot about it if I did.

I'm going to participate...but there were uh-lot of rules and regs to read on that site...me and my AADD, you know.

I didn't see anything about stating a theme...I'd better go look again.

Martha said...

I'm so glad you decided to go for it! We are going to have a great time Betty! Now I just hope blogger making those changes don't put us out of commission. See you tomorrow. It's almost time! :)

Lynda said...

GREAT idea! I don't have time for it but I like that you are going to do it. Keep a file - - - a WORD document - - - and as you think of things, add them to the document so you will always have ideas to post. That's what I do - - - put it on 'paper' and then the memory doesn't have to try and recall it.

The Vintage Boomer said...

wow quite a commitment. Maybe I'll do it.....

Snowbrush said...

I have 119 pages of posts that I can't seem to finish, so I think I'll pass on that particular inspiration to do MORE posts.

If the picture of the bench from your area? I just noted the pine trees, and I don't think you could find a pine tree on the coast this far north.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I do believe a meme like this does get the creative juices flowing. I will try to read when I can!

Intense Guy said...

Looking forward to reading your A-Zs (and Martha's too!)